Mothers Day is Sunday, March 15th.
Here is a list of what mums really can appreciate as gifts.
The #1 best gift you can give to Mom is a night where she can relax all by herself.
2. If you give her a gift certificate, make sure you also plan a time for her to go, otherwise it just sits in her wallet collecting dust.
3. Hire a personal chef and meal planner to come and make meals for a week, while giving advice on how to plan and cook for the family in the future.
4. Plan a family photo shoot with a professional photographer. Bonus points for hiring a hair and make-up person, or sending Mum to the salon in the morning before the shoot.
5. Set up a consultation for her with a yoga instructor or personal trainer to give a 15-minute workout routine that works with her life. Make sure you don’t imply she needs to work out.
6. Plan a family activity, like a museum trip. In a perfect world, the kids would magically get themselves ready, out the door, buckled into carseat, diaper bag packed with plenty of diapers and snacks, and no one fusses or fights. Follow this by a lunch reservation.
7. Let her sleep in and then wake her up with handmade cards from the kids and a heartfelt card from her special someone with tea or coffee. Mmmmmmm
8. Surprise her with tickets to the show or concert she’s been dying to go see. The Book of Mormon is amazing and Taylor Swift is coming to London!
9. Book tickets for family show and take the kids: theatre or cinema. Send mum shopping for herself to buy a new total outfit.
10. Give her a cozy pair of pyjamas that will also make her feel extra cute at bedtime. Or a sexy pyjama and a matching robe.