Sometime I look down at my kids and think, “Why are you more fashionable than me?”
The problem with living in London and having internet access anytime and anywhere is you can buy EVERYTHING. You can google it, buy and ship it to your door overnight. So what is it that you buy for the baby who has everything.
I say buy something nice for the mum and the baby will be thrilled to play with the wrapping paper and ribbon!
My suggestions are:
1. Release the Happiness Hormone in a new mum:
- Tickets for a concert that you can attend together ! Book a babysitter and go for a fun night out. Let the happiness hormone flow. Ellie Golding, Madonna, Mumford and Sons, Brian Adams all are coming to the O2.
2. Go for a dance class (such as Move POP Up Gym) and lunch somewhere healthy and fun.
- Serotonin: Serotonin is sometimes called the happiness hormone. Serotonin regulates the mood, prevents depression and makes you feel happy. Serotonin can be released by getting exposed to sunlight, by eating foods rich in carbohydrates and by exercising.
- Endorphins: Endorphins can make you feel good, reduce your anxiety and your sensitivity to pain. Endorphins are released by exercising
3. Get a Pampering Gift
Super soft pyjama
The White Company is amazing for these. Zara Home has nice pyjama and for the most luxurious selection there is The Monogrammed Linen Shop on Walton Street.
Jewellery You can never go wrong with it!
It could be a little silver bangle from Links of London, it could be a Pandora charm or it could be something original like a Turquoise Stellar Nibbling Teething Necklace for a stylish mum who already has everything.
These are all gifts that a busy mum of a gorgeous baby would not think to buy for herself.
4. An experience like a show for Children in the West End.
- The Gruffalo
- The Tiger That Came for Tea